This Call For Proposals is closed.
It closed on
August 22, 2016 (Mon).
Join us in Austin, TX, September 7-9, 2016.
Submit a proposal!
- Speaker proposals due: 11:59 PM CT, May 5, 2016
- Speakers notified: Mid-May, 2016
- Program schedule announced: Early June, 2016
We’re excited to offer you the opportunity to teach (and learn from) your peers as a speaker at nginx.conf 2016. Share your story about how you’re using NGINX and NGINX Plus to help you achieve performance, security, and scale -- for any type of application and in any sort of environment. Check out the suggested topics and submission guidelines for guidance on the talks we’re looking for.
Developing & Deploying Code
- Building microservices based applications with NGINX
- Migrating to NGINX
- Adopting continuous delivery and devops methods
Architecting & Scaling Apps
- Migrating to cloud-based architectures
- Adopting a microservices architecture
- Scaling applications with NGINX
Case Studies & Best Practices
- How to harness the power of your favorite NGINX feature
- How better app performance helped you achieve your goals
- Insights and best practices from real-world deployments
Our goal is to offer the most compelling content that provides practical information for our attendees. The nginx.conf event draws a wide range of developers, sysadmins, DevOps professionals, IT managers, and other technology leaders from all levels of expertise, so we're looking for a variety of topics to appeal to different audiences.
- Talk about what you know, with real world examples.
- Give the audience tangible takeaways that they can apply after nginx.conf.
- Have fun with it -- liven up your content; make it unique to your personality and engaging for a group of your peers.
- Submit by filling out the form to the left by Thursday, May 5 at 11:59PM CT.
- Submit as many talks as you’d like, but keep in mind that quality beats quantity every time.
Selection Process & Requirements:
- Reviews are done by a committee and everyone will be notified of status by late May
- All presentations must adhere to the nginx.conf Code of Conduct. Please review before submitting your talk
- You must attend nginx.conf in person, September 7-9 in Austin, TX
- We plan on recording all the presentations, and make the videos available online for free after the conference concludes. If that isn't OK, just let us know in the ‘Notes to the Planning Committee’ section.
If You Are Selected, You Will Get the Following
- 40 minutes at nginx.conf to share with our audience.
- A free speaker pass to nginx.conf.
- A free ticket for you to give to anyone you would like, and a code for 25% off another ticket.
- An invitation to join us at the nginx.conf 2016 VIP Reception.
Other Submission Resources:
Reach out to us by emailing email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing what you’d like to share with the NGINX community!